“The GNEISS team truly had an incredible year in 2017. It was filled with many milestones and growth as a company and platform. Our goal is to help our users unlock the power of the blockchain to take control of their financial freedom. We’re doing this by building the World’s 1st P2P Ethereum Blockchain Platform. More specifically, GNEISS is a business development and free market platform that uses blockchain technology to enable peer to peer financial transactions.
Clearly the explosion of the cryptocurrency market and popularity of Bitcoin and Ethereum has played a tremendous role in propelling us forward. The awareness and branding/marketing of the industry created a headwind which we have been able to leverage to our advantage.
Some of the key milestones we hit this year are included below:
- Reached beta stage of development.
- Enabled Secure Wallets via Segwit/Multi Sig (for bitcoin); we’ve incorporated all the features of Bitcoin and Ethereum onto our platform.
- Established Fiat Currency Tethers (we were the first platform to do this!).
- Including: USD, EUR, CNY, GBP, CAD, AUD.
- Our GNEISS coin is now listed on the Ether Delta Exchange and being publicly traded, it will soon be on Bancor and others as well.
- 140+ users and climbing.
- Launched our online forum/blog: forum.gneiss.io.
- We’ve grown our social media presence on multiple platforms and have released multiple videos to our YouTube channel.
What’s to Come in 2018
The market for peer-to-peer lending is growing annually, potentially reaching $490B by 2020  Our aim is to bring borrowers and lenders on a single platform where those with access to finance can connect with those in need of finance, and reach mutually beneficial terms and conditions that are transparent and immutable. Through GNEISS, loans can be achieved using a legally verified smart contract and secured using crypto-currency. The smart contract is executed on the Ethereum platform, facilitating a peer to peer interaction, with the transaction details recorded on the Blockchain.
This enables individuals or companies who have digital assets to borrow against them, to generate immediate cashflow, without compromising the position of their assets. Borrowers can use their crypto-currencies as collateral on a safe, efficient, and cost saving platform. Similarly, lenders who have reserved digital funds can provide loans based on their risk tolerance and achieve higher returns than typical bank deposits.
By creating a win-win situation, on a decentralized and transparent platform, GNEISS is creating opportunities which have not existed in the cryptocurrency space. In short, GNEISS enables frictionless access to credit in a secure and scalable way.
In addition, the following are some of the highlights of what else is on the horizon:
- Full platform launch set for later this year.
- Ability to tokenize any asset in the free market that has value (everything has value and you will be able to assign a price to it).
- We will continue to pursue getting listed on the Bittrex and Poloniex exchanges.
- Improve our money/wallet management system.
- Enhance user management and interface functionality.
- Release new features, such as:
- Create, transfer, mint, burn, exchange, tax, or pay dividends to any crypto-asset or smart contract on our decentralized blockchain-powered trading platform.
- Ability to exchange tokens.
- Ability to create new tokenized assets.
- Mobile application launch.”